RSS

RIP Auntie Iyin

Just minutes before lunch my sister gave me a call, telling me that our aunt had died. Ma Iyin is only a few years older than my sister (I also have a nephew who is only a few years younger than me), so I guess it's a bigger deal to her than it is to me. Still, I can't help but to feel sad.

Her journey through life was not an easy one, especially the last few years of her life. The sad part is, we, her family, couldn't give her the kind of support she needed as each of us got our own problem. I remember my late mother often saddened by the fact that she couldn't do anything to help her sisters. She really wanted to, but she couldn't (and the sad part is, sometimes people just won't understand your reasons and refuse believe your words).

My mother is the oldest of 4 sisters. Ma Isna died a few years ago. Now Ma Iyin, the youngest sister. The only one left is the 3rd sister, Ma Elly. People die, I know. It's just that I feel really sorry for her, I feel that we could have done something for her. And her daughter... my cousin Eci.... I hope God would grant her with strength to go through this, and to carry on living a dignified life, the one that would make her mother proud.

Good bye, my aunt. May God forgive all of your faults, and multiply your rewards for every good things you have done throughout your life. Rest in peace, Ma Iyin. Send my regards to my parent and Ma Isna. God bless your soul....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: