RSS

Nice 'Ol Babylon Tower


Written on Nov 25, '05
I'm so glad that we live in a world that is rich in cultures, arts and of course, languages...and where would we be now if that damn Babylon Tower hadn't been destroyed?I mean, no offense Babylons and Persians, I love your civilisation and all, but that gotta be the silliest idea (beside Sesame Seed Flavored Ice Cream that I've tried out recently).

It's just too bad that nowadays, the vast variety has been decreasing. More and more great languages and literatures vanished. Ancient Persian has been replaced by Arabic, Ancient Japanese has been replaced by Kanji and Kana, and even in Indonesia, we've been embracing latin alphabet and forgetting about our own traditional scripts. It's such a shame, really.

I love the feeling when I see a chinese character, it's like centuries of history and civilization looking back at me. I just love it...although it doesn't necessarily mean I get it...

Check out this neat webpage of languages of the world:http://www.omniglot.com/ , and behold the mighty will of God and let's rejoice in His/Her love...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: