RSS

Narnia, The Lion, The Witch, the Wardrobe and...MY ASS!!


written on Dec 15, '05
If I think about the long line I have to go through to see this movie...gyaaaargghh!!My head spins around like mad.

Is it that bad?Well,it's not actually. I love the creatures, I love the costumes, I love the scenery...I must say that they really do look better than I expected after reading the book.

Why is it bad then?It starts very well, with a beautiful scene that explains the kids' situation. The feeling is oh-so-right, from the chaos of war-age, to the serene village. And I just love the mansion. Neat.

But when as the story goes, it gets lame. Not only there isn't enough character development (you urge you to read the book to prevent any misunderstanding on the characters), even the scenery becomes uglier and uglier. There are scenes whrere the casts are just standing there, with crappy backdrop behind them. Ouwmygawd!!!This is not a still photograph with stupid backdrop from stupid and cheap photo studio for crying out loud!!!

All is not lost though. It gets better through the end. Lavish environment, wonderful costumes and sets, and the battle!!Ooh, I love the battle!It's not your Lord of the Ring style, mind you, but it's also nice in it's own way. Maybe one could call it cheesy, but I fancy it. I think it's just right for children.

I woudn't mind watching it again, I'm just going to watch the first scenes, sleep, then wake up for the finale.

I just hope if they're going to make the sequels (and prequels) they'd be able to fix the flaws. I don't think there's much to Narnia since it's only Kid's novel, but I do fond of it and I won't like it if it's ruined.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: